Sunset Process - House Rural Affairs and Agriculture Committee. The bill implements recommendations of the department of regulatory agencies' sunset review and report on the registration functions of the commissioner of agriculture (commissioner) regarding the "Colorado Seed Act" by:
- Continuing the commissioner's registration functions for 11 years, until 2031 ( Sections 1 and 2 of the bill);
- Repealing the statutory fee caps for registration and allowing the commissioner to establish registration fees by rule ( section 3 );
- Removing the fee discount afforded to registrants with respect to registering a second and any additional locations ( section 3 );
- Authorizing the commissioner to establish a registration renewal schedule by rule and repealing language that made each registration effective for one year from March 1 through the last day in February, regardless of when the registration was approved ( section 3 ); and
- Removing obsolete language requiring money to be transferred between funds in 2009 ( section 4 ).
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)