- Adjusts how calendar quarter estimates of the tax on insurance premiums are calculated and allows the payment for the first calendar quarter of a year to be adjusted to reflect the claiming of an allowable tax credit or previous estimated payments;
- Allows a company that has overpaid on its estimated premium tax liability to either apply the overpayment to future estimated payments or claim a refund;
- Provides that in calculating the amount of a refund, any nonrefundable tax credits claimed by the company are applied to the company's tax liability first, and the amount of the refund cannot exceed the total amount of any additional payments made by the company;
- Allows a taxpayer to claim a small business recovery tax credit or an affordable housing tax credit against estimated premium tax payments; and
- Provides for the transfer of small business recovery tax credits among affiliates.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)