- To defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of deadly physical force or infliction of bodily injury; or
- To effect an arrest, or to prevent the escape from custody, of a person whom he or she reasonably believes:
- Has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving or threatening the use of a deadly weapon; or
- Is attempting to escape by the use of physical force; or
- Indicates, except through a motor vehicle, that he or she is likely to endanger human life or to inflict serious bodily injury to another unless he or she is apprehended without delay.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)