CDOT Colorado Department Of Transportation Consulting Engineer Contracts
Consulting engineer contracts for transportation projects - study by efficiency and accountability committee - report. The act requires the efficiency and accountability committee of the department of transportation (CDOT) to study and report to the executive director of CDOT and the transportation commission its findings and any recommendations regarding the following issues relating to consulting engineer contracts for CDOT projects:
- Implementation of fixed bid procurement in lieu of bids based on hourly charges;
- The quality assurance process;
- The revolving door of retired CDOT employees going to work for consultants;
- Incentives for closing out project contracts, early project completion, and timely problem resolution; and
- Project staffing and implementation of a work plan for consistent CDOT and consultant construction project administration.
CDOT must annually report to its legislative oversight committees, as part of its annual "State Measurement for Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) Government Act" hearing, regarding the findings and any recommendations reported by the efficiency and accountability committee and the position of CDOT with respect to the findings and any recommendations.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)