The process for review and approval by a county of subdivision plats or other plans and agreements affecting certain land use determinations must be conducted pursuant to county resolutions, ordinances, or regulations. The bill provides that such resolutions, ordinances, or regulations may provide for the delegation by a board of county commissioners (board) to one or more county administrative officials the authority to:
- Approve or deny final plats, amendments to final plats, and correction plats;
- Approve subdivision improvement agreements and other agreements required in connection with a final plat, an amendment to a final plat, or correction plat;
- Review and approve the data, surveys, analyses, studies, plans and designs submitted in connection with a final plat, amendment to a final plat, or correction plat; and
- Review and approve any subdivision exemption.
Any delegation of authority made pursuant to the bill does not include:
- The approval of any agreement for the expenditure of public funds; or
- The waiver or restriction of any appeal process provided by county resolution, ordinance, or regulation.
Any delegation of authority made pursuant to the bill must include procedures for public notice and the submission of written comments prior to the administrative approval or denial of a final plat or amendment to a final plat and for the appeal to a board of such administrative approval or denial.
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)