The act implements the recommendations of the department of regulatory agencies in its sunset review of the water and wastewater facility operators certification board by:
- Extending the repeal date of the board until September 1, 2031;
- Amending the definition of "domestic wastewater treatment facility" by excluding small on-site wastewater treatment systems with a design capacity of 2,000 gallons or less per day, unless the system discharges directly to surface water;
- Amending the definition of "industrial wastewater treatment facility" by:
- Repealing the exclusion of facilities designed to operate for less than one year and facilities with in-situ discharges; and
- Adding an exclusion of construction dewatering activities that use only passive treatment and occur for less than one year;
- Creating a water and wastewater facility operators fund for fees that the board receives directly and uses for the exclusive use of the regulatory program; and
- Repealing an obsolete provision of law relating to a reorganization of the board on July 1, 2004.
The act appropriates $24,815 from the water and wastewater facility operators fund to the department of public health and environment for use by the drinking water program in the water quality control division.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)