Sunset Process - House Energy and Environment Committee. The bill implements the recommendations of the department of regulatory agencies' sunset review of the water and wastewater facility operators certification board by:
- Extending the repeal date of the board until September 1, 2031 ( sections 1 and 2 of the bill);
- Amending the definition of "domestic wastewater treatment facility" to exclude only those small on-site wastewater treatment systems with a design capacity of 2,000 gallons or less per day, unless the system discharges directly to surface water ( section 3 );
- Repealing the exclusion of facilities designed to operate for less than one year and facilities with in-situ discharges from the definition of "industrial wastewater treatment facilities" ( section 3 );
- Creating a water and wastewater facility operators fund for fees that the board receives directly and uses for the exclusive use of the regulatory program ( section 4 ); and
- Repealing an obsolete provision of law relating to a reorganization of the board on July 1, 2004 ( section 2 ).
The bill appropriates $24,815 from the water and wastewater facility operators fund to the department of public health and environment for use by the drinking water program.
(Note: Italicized words indicate new material added to the original summary; dashes through words indicate deletions from the original summary.)
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)