Sunset Process Sex Offender Management Board
Concerning the continuation of the sex offender management board, and, in connection therewith, implementing the recommendations contained in the 2022 sunset report by the department of regulatory agencies.
2023 Regular Session
Crimes, Corrections, & Enforcement
- Continuing the board for 7 years;
- Clarifying that supervising officers are required to follow guidelines and standards and directing agencies that employ supervising officers to collaborate with the board to hold accountable those who fail to do so;
- Repealing the limitation on the number of treatment providers given to offenders when choosing a provider;
- Requiring standards compliance reviews on at least 10% of providers every 2 years;
- Updating language concerning fingerprints to reflect current practice; and
- Relieving the department of regulatory agencies of its responsibility to publish a list, together with the board, of approved treatment providers.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)