The bill creates the "Colorado Surrogacy Agreement Act" (act) in article 4.5 of title 19, Colorado Revised Statutes. The act:
- Establishes eligibility requirements for entering into surrogacy agreements (agreements) and required elements of agreements;
- Contains provisions governing the termination of agreements and the effect of a death or a change in marital status of any of the parties to such agreements;
- Authorizes court orders recognizing and enforcing agreements;
- Specifies the duties of persons under agreements;
- Authorizes court orders determining parentage; and
- Creates new definitions for agreements.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)