Colorado State Capitol Tour Information
The Colorado State Capitol welcomes about 300,000 visitors annually, with nearly 70,000 visitors taking tours of our beautiful and historic Statehouse. We welcome you to visit and learn more about this building, the work of our General Assembly, and our unique Colorado heritage.
Capitol tours are limited to 30 people. If your group has 10 or more visitors or has special needs, you are required to make a reservation.
Demand for Capitol tours is high – group tour reservations can be made up to one calendar year in advance. Student group tours during the legislative session (January through May) are extremely popular and space is limited. Tour availability is not guaranteed as time slots do fill up quickly.
The Colorado State Capitol building is open to the public from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The building is closed on weekends and most legal holidays.
We are unable to schedule formal tours the following dates:
- Monday, July 3, 2017
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2017 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2017 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 9, 2017 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2017 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Friday, November 24, 2017
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2017 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Tuesday, December 26, 2017
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2018 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
All other dates are subject to availability.
If we are unable to schedule a tour for you, you are welcome to self-guide throughout the building but note that you will not be able to visit the dome on a self-guided tour.
Please note that student group tours are extremely popular and space is limited for Spring 2017.
TOUR AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED AS TIME SLOTS DO FILL UP QUICKLY.
- Public Statehouse tours are hourly 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. (In June and July ONLY, tours are offered on the hour and half hour.)
- Tours last 45 minutes to an hour and include a trip to the dome. (Self-guided trips to the dome are NOT permitted).
- There is no charge for tours.
- All tours leave from the Visitor Services desk located on the first floor north wing.
- Groups of 10 or less do not require a reservation. Groups needing special accommodations may request a reservation for a group of less than 10 people..
- All self-guided groups must be limited to less than 30 people.
- For group reservations or more information, please visit https://leg.colorado.gov/visit-learn.
Please call the tour desk at 303-866-2604 for updated tour and scheduling information or visit https://leg.colorado.gov/visit-learn.