The Capitol remains closed until further notice. A date for reopening has not yet been determined. We are not able to provide tours or field trips at this time.
Inquire below about booking a tour in the future or to take our virtual tour.
(Updated November 4, 2020)
Reservations are not required for groups of 10 or less unless your group has special needs.
If you have a group of 10 or less, you may join any public tour the day of your visit. Free public tours are offered hourly 10:00am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday. We recommend arriving at least 20 minutes in advance of your tour, as tours do fill.
The Capitol is closed on the weekends and most Federal holidays.
We are unable to schedule formal tours the following dates:
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 CAPITOL CLOSED
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020 CAPITOL CLOSED
- Friday, November 27, 2020 - CAPITOL WILL BE OPEN FOR SELF-GUIDED TOURS ONLY. MR. BROWN'S ATTIC MUSEUM AND THE DOME OBSERVATION DECK WILL BE CLOSED.
- Thursday, December 24, 2020 - CAPITOL WILL BE OPEN FOR SELF-GUIDED TOURS ONLY. MR. BROWN'S ATTIC MUSEUM AND THE DOME OBSERVATION DECK WILL BE CLOSED.
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020 CAPITOL CLOSED
All other dates are subject to availability.If we are unable to schedule a tour for you, you are welcome to self-guide throughout the building but note that you will not be able to visit the dome on a self-guided tour.
The Capitol remains closed until further notice. A date for reopening has not yet been determined. (Updated September 16, 2020)
*IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR STUDENT GROUPS*
Please note, we have updated our student tour guidelines, effective Fall 2018, and beginning August 10, 2019, our scheduling policies have changed. Follow the links below for important information about student guidelines and scheduling changes.
Please note that student group tours are extremely popular and space is limited.
TOUR AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED AS TIME SLOTS DO FILL UP QUICKLY.