Please fill out this form to request a tour for your group.
Reservations are not required for groups of 10 or less unless your group has special needs.
If you have a group of 10 or less, you may join any public tour the day of your visit. Free public tours are offered hourly 10:00am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday. We recommend arriving at least 20 minutes in advance of your tour, as tours do fill.
The Capitol is closed on the weekends and most Federal holidays.
We are unable to schedule formal tours the following dates:
- Labor Day - Monday, September 3, 2018 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 8, 2018 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Veterans Day, observed - Monday, November 12, 2018 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 22, 2018 (CAPITOL CLOSED)
- Friday, November 23, 2018 (CAPITOL OPEN FOR SELF-GUIDED TOURS ONLY. MR. BROWN'S ATTIC MUSEUM AND THE DOME OBSERVATION AREA WILL BE CLOSED.)
All other dates are subject to availability.
If we are unable to schedule a tour for you, you are welcome to self-guide throughout the building but note that you will not be able to visit the dome on a self-guided tour.
*IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR STUDENT GROUPS*
Please note, we have updated our student tour guidlines, effective Fall 2018, and beginning August 10, 2019, our scheduling policies will be changing. Follow the links below for important information about student guidelines and upcoming scheduling changes.
Please note that student group tours are extremely popular and space is limited for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
TOUR AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED AS TIME SLOTS DO FILL UP QUICKLY.