The bill establishes the electronic smoking device recycling strategies advisory group (advisory group). The advisory group is tasked with conducting an analysis of methods and strategies for the recycling of single-use electronic smoking devices (devices). The advisory group shall develop a report that:
- Evaluates the extent of pollution caused by the disposal of devices;
- Reviews existing practices and capacity for the recycling of devices;
- Considers methods and strategies for recycling devices that are protective of the public health and environment;
- Considers whether Colorado should establish a deposit and recycle program that charges consumers a fee for recycling devices;
- Recommends any state or local government policies related to the recycling of devices; and
- Identifies any existing state or federal grant programs or other programs that may be available to assist in the development of strategies for the recycling of devices.
The advisory group must submit the report to the general assembly, the department of public health and environment, and the governor's office on or before October 31, 2025.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)