A person shall not operate a UAS:
- Within 5 miles of an airport unless the person is authorized by the airport's air traffic control tower;
- In a manner that interferes with the operation of manned aircraft;
- More than 400 feet above the earth's surface;
- In a manner that is prohibited by any federal law or rule;
- In violation of any temporary flight restriction (TFR) or notice to airmen (NOTAM) issued by the federal aviation administration (FAA); or
- In the airspace directly above any detention facility.
A person who violates any of these prohibitions commits a class 1 misdemeanor. These prohibitions do not apply to the operation of a public UAS operated in compliance with any current and enforceable authorization granted by the FAA.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)