Under current law, if a K-12 education or related bill is introduced that imposes a new mandate, or increases the level of service for an existing mandate beyond the level of service currently required, each school district, school board, or BOCES affected by the new mandate has seven days following the bill's introduction to submit a brief summary of the bill's fiscal impact. The fiscal impact summaries must be submitted to Legislative Council Staff. Staff will make available on its website unrevised and unedited copies of these summaries. The fiscal note will indicate whether summaries have been submitted and where to access them on the website. The summaries provided under this provision will not necessarily be incorporated into the fiscal analysis prepared by Legislative Council Staff.
Instructions for Submitting Fiscal Impact Summaries
School districts or BOCES submitting fiscal impact summaries should conform to the following guidelines.
- Fiscal impact summaries should be prepared on official school district or BOCES letterhead and should include the full name, title, and contact information of the author.
- The summary should be converted into a portable document format (PDF).
- The PDF should be sent as an e-mail attachment to: EdImpactSummaries@state.co.us
- The e-mail with the PDF attachment should include the bill title and bill number in the subject line. For example: At Risk Student Funding, House Bill 16-1234.
- The PDF attachment should be named to include the school district and the bill number. For example: DenverPublicSchools_SB001.pdf or BoulderValleySchools_HB1001.pdf.
- Generally, the e-mail and attachment should be received no later than seven days following the bill's introduction in either house; however, Legislative Council Staff will post impact statements whenever they are received.
Fiscal impact statements submitted in the current session or in prior sessions may be found below.
2018 None submitted.
2017 None submitted.
2016 None submitted.
2015 None submitted.
2014 None submitted.
2013 None submitted.
2012 None submitted.