The bill requires the department of higher education (department) to:
- Identify and designate state institutions of higher education (state institutions) as first-generation-serving institutions if:
- The resident first-generation undergraduate population represents 45% or more of the institution's overall resident student population; or
- The institution secured a First Scholars Network of Institutions designation from the Center for First-generation Student Success or a similarly rigorous independent third-party designation;
- Post on the department's website the names of the state institutions that are so designated; and
- Notify the state institutions and the Colorado general assembly of the designations.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)