For all media inquiries, please contact Stelios Pavlou at 303.869.2833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to respond to media inquiries about our audit reports or other work products and can arrange for an interview with members of the team who worked directly on the report. However, the State Auditor and OSA employees do not give on-camera or audio interviews. Should you require an on-camera or audio interview, we will refer you to the Chair and/or Vice-Chair of the Legislative Audit Committee.
Confidentiality of Reports & Workpapers
The OSA is barred by state statute [Sections 2-3-103(2) and 2-3-103.7(1), C.R.S.] from publicly discussing or releasing the contents of reports prior to their release by the Legislative Audit Committee. For this reason, the OSA cannot provide advance or embargoed copies of reports to the media.
The OSA is also barred by state statute [Section 2-3-103(3), C.R.S.] from publicly discussing or releasing the contents of audit workpapers.
The OSA's use of social media networks is intended to enhance communication with key audiences about the OSA’s work products and activities. All posts made by the OSA to its social media accounts are for official business and are publicly available.
Comments on or responses to the OSA’s posts by other social media users are publicly accessible and will not be moderated by the OSA. However, the OSA reserves the right to remove comments and responses or block users if the content:
- Is profane, obscene, violent, sexual, or pornographic.
- Is discriminatory based on race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.
- Contains sensitive or personally identifiable information.
- Violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright or trademark.
- Contains threats to any person or organization.
- Violates any federal, state, or local law.
- Incites illegal activity.
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Promotes any business, product, service, or activity that is not related to government business.
- Is spam or contains phishing-related links.
Any comments or posts made by other users that mention the OSA, or that respond to an official post by the OSA, do not reflect the official views or positions of the OSA.
Following the social media accounts of other organizations or individuals does not constitute the OSA’s endorsement of that organization, individual, or its related content.
This social media policy is subject to modification at any time.