The bill creates the Colorado agricultural workforce services program (program) in the department of agriculture (department) and requires the department to create and maintain an online resource portal for agricultural employees and employers.
The bill also creates the Colorado agricultural workplace improvement grant program (grant program) and requires the department to administer the grant program and, subject to available appropriations, award grants. The department may determine minimum eligibility requirements for grant recipients; however, the department may award grants only:
- To Colorado agricultural employers;
- To entities that provide services to Colorado agricultural employers or agricultural employees; and
- For the purpose of facilitating labor law compliance, improving workplaces, and providing education to agricultural employees to help them understand their legal rights.
On or before January 1, 2023, and on or before January 1 each year thereafter, the department shall submit to the agriculture, livestock, and water committee of the house of representatives and the agriculture and natural resources committee of the senate a report concerning the operations of the program, including the grant program.
For the 2022-23 state fiscal year, the general assembly must appropriate
$500,000 $215,000 from the general fund to the department to implement the program, including the grant program online resource portal . Any unused money does not revert to the general fund but is continuously appropriated to the department.
The grant program is repealed, effective January 1, 2026.
- $215,000 from the general fund to the department, with $29,086 for use by the commissioner's office and administrative services for personal services and $185,914 for use by the agricultural markets division for the program; and
- $42,859 from the general fund to the department of labor and employment for use by the division of labor standards and statistics.
(Note: Italicized words indicate new material added to the original summary; dashes through words indicate deletions from the original summary.)
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)