The act creates the statewide equity office (office) in the department of personnel. The office is charged with providing best practices, resources, and guidance for state agencies in offering equitable services to the residents of Colorado as well as providing an accepting and diverse environment for state employees. The act outlines the duties and responsibilities of the office.
For the 2022-23 state fiscal year, the act makes the following general fund appropriations:
- $1,793,072 to the department of personnel for use by the executive director's office, of which:
- $324,064 is reappropriated to the department of human services;
- $194,878 is reappropriated to the department of revenue;
- $61,845 is reappropriated to the department of regulatory agencies; and
- $74,990 is reappropriated to the department of health care policy and financing, which amount is based on an assumption that the department of health care policy and financing will receive $74,990 in federal funds for the act's implementation.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)