If certain conditions are met, current law allows vehicle owners to get permits to move overweight loads. The bill creates a type of overweight permit for divisible loads granted to agricultural producers if:
- The vehicle is registered as a farm vehicle;
- The agricultural producer designates 100 days, which need not be consecutive, for each calendar year that the permit may be used;
- The vehicle is used to transport agricultural products from the place of production to the place of storage or sale; and
- The vehicle complies with rules governing the distribution of the load upon the vehicle's axles.
The permit costs:
- $40 for general vehicles;
- $50 for quad axle groupings;
- $50 for vehicles with trailers with 2 or 3 axle groupings.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)