Sunset Seed Potato Grower Regulation
Seed potato act - continuation under sunset law. The act continues the regulation of seed potato growers and implements the recommendations of the department of regulatory agencies' 2018 sunset review and report on the "Colorado Seed Potaato Act" by:
- Extending regulation of seed potato growers until 2028 (sections 1 and 7 of the act);
- Repealing an obsolete provision authorizing uncertified seed potatoes to be used before January 1, 2012 (section 2);
- Repealing the option to have an independent auditor perform the review of records required by the act (sections 3 and 4);
- Requiring the committee of area no. 2 to pay the fees that implement seed potato regulation (section 5); and
- Repealing the provision that limits the amount of a fine to $2,500 (section 6).
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)