Sunset Process - Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. The bill continues the regulation of seed potato growers and implements the recommendations of the 2018 sunset report by:
- Extending regulation of seed potato growers until 2028 ( sections 1 and 7 of the bill);
- Repealing an obsolete provision authorizing uncertified seed potatoes to be used before January 1, 2012 ( section 2 );
- Repealing the option to have an independent auditor perform the review of records required by the seed-potato regulation act ( sections 3 and 4 );
- Requiring the committee of area no. 2 to pay the fees that implement seed-potato regulation ( section 5 ); and
- Repealing the provision that limits the amount of a fine to $2,500 ( section 6 ).
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)