The bill authorizes the operation of a marijuana membership club (club) only if the local jurisdiction has authorized clubs. A club must meet the following qualifications:
- All members and employees of the club must be 21 years of age or older;
- The club's employees must be Colorado residents;
- The club cannot sell or serve alcohol;
- The club cannot be a retail food establishment;
- A club owner shall not sell marijuana on the premises; and
- A club owner shall not permit the sale or exchange of marijuana for remuneration on the premises.
The bill prohibits the open and public consumption of marijuana and defines the terms 'open and public', 'openly', and 'publicly'.
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)