Employment Support And Job Retention Services
- Expands the definition of "service provider" in the employment support and job retention services program (program) to include faith-based organizations and churches, community centers, neighborhood organizations, food banks, outreach providers, and local entities that provide employment services to community members;
- Modifies the eligibility criteria for receiving services and the list of reimbursable services under the program;
- Appropriates $250,000 annually from the general fund to the employment support and job retention services program cash fund;
- Extends the program until September 1, 2029; and
- Modifies the current reporting requirements to require the division of employment and training in the department of labor and employment to report on the efficacy of the program during the department's presentations at the "State Measurement for Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) Government Act" hearings.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)