Substance Use Disorders Recovery
Recovery from substance use disorders - housing vouchers - recovery residence standards and requirements - recovery residence certification grant program - creation of the opioid crisis recovery funds advisory committee - appropriation. The act:
- Expands the housing voucher program currently within the department of local affairs to include individuals with a substance use disorder;
- Establishes standards for recovery residences for purposes of referrals and title protection and prohibits a facility from using the terms "recovery residence", "sober living facility", or "sober home" unless the facility meets specified conditions;
- Creates the recovery residence certification grant program; and
- Creates the opioid crisis recovery funds advisory committee to advise and collaborate with the department of law on uses of any custodial funds the state receives as settlement or damage awards resulting from opioid-related litigation.
To implement the act:
- $1,000,000 is appropriated to the department of local affairs;
- $2,620 is appropriated to the office of the governor for use by the office of information technology; and
- $50,000 is appropriated to the department of human services for use by the office of behavioral health.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)