Veterinary Education Loan Repayment Program
Concerning updates to the veterinary education loan repayment program.
2023 Regular Session
The bill updates the veterinary education loan repayment program in the following ways:
- The number of qualified applicants per year is increased from 4 to 6;
- The requirement that an applicant must have graduated from an accredited veterinary school in 2017 or later is eliminated;
- The total amount an applicant is eligible for over a 4-year period is increased from $70,000 to $90,000;
- The yearly repayment amounts for successful applicants are increased; and
- The state treasurer is required to transfer $540,000 from the general fund to the veterinary education loan repayment fund on September 1, 2023.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)