- Changes the makeup of the committee from a representative model to a qualification model, to include 7 members who are persons with disabilities; one caregiver or family member of a person with a disability; members with business management knowledge; members with managing nonprofit entities knowledge; members who advocate for persons with disabilities; one doctor; and one lawyer;
- Authorizes per diem and travel expenses for the members;
- Instructs the committee to contract with a private entity to sell the registration numbers;
- Rolls 3 existing funds into one fund for all the committee's work; and
- Provides that the department of public safety may prohibit any action of the committee if the decision would affect state policy concerning the use or display of license plates or registration numbers.
$42,283 is appropriated from the disability support fund to the department of personnel to implement the act.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)