Move Over or Slow Down Stationary Vehicle
- 2 lanes move in the same direction;
- The driver is able to move to the lane apart; and
- One of the following vehicles is stationary on the road:
- An authorized emergency vehicle;
- A stationary towing carrier vehicle;
- A stationary public utility service vehicle; or
- A vehicle to which chains are being applied.
If a person cannot move to be one lane apart from the stationary vehicle, the person must slow down and drive at a safe speed.
The bill adds the same requirement for stationary motor vehicles that are displaying flashing hazard lights or warning lights and clarifies that the law applies to public utility service vehicles operated by the public utility or by an authorized contractor of the public utility.
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)