The public, lobbyists, and others may enter the Capitol during Session. However, to the greatest extent possible, we encourage engagement during the session to occur remotely. Please read Safety Protocols for the First Regular Session of the 73rd General Assembly for more information.
We are not able to provide tours or field trips at this time.
The dome observation area and Mr. Brown's Attic Museum are currently closed.
Inquire below about booking a tour in the future or take our virtual tour here.
We are happy to welcome student groups. Please note that student group tours during the legislative session (January through May) are extremely popular and space is limited. We recommend making your reservation request early. TOUR AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED AS TIME SLOTS DO FILL UP QUICKLY.
Historical and legislative tours, as well as attic tours and dome walks, are available for school groups. We recommend making your reservation request early, as tour availability is limited.
*IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR STUDENT GROUPS*
School Bus Parking
- All tour buses visiting the Capitol must load and unload all passengers on the corner of Grant and Colfax. Grant is one way southbound.
- Bus driver must remain on and move the bus after unloading passengers.
- No tour bus parking is allowed on Grant – loading and unloading ONLY.
- Tour buses may park on the East side (ONLY) of Broadway between the hours of 9:30-2:30. TOUR BUSES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK ON THE WEST SIDE OF BROADWAY.
- For the safety of your passengers, LOADING AND UNLOADING ON BROADWAY IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This area will be monitored closely.