Final Report to the Colorado General Assembly by the committee on Mental Illness in the Criminal Justice System.
Where are we?
- 11.5% lower than the formula
- Local share falling or slowing
- State Education Fund close to depleted
- General Fund budget in cutting mode
How did we get here?
- Business cycle, demographic changes, and constitutional ...
The U.S. Constitution guarantees each citizen the right to a fair trial, which includes the right to be present at the trial, able to understand the nature of the proceedings, and able to participate in his or her defense. Whether the defendant’s mental health impaired his or her ability...