Representative Froelich, bill sponsor, presented House Bill 20-1316. This bill repeals a section of the Uniform Parentage Act concerning assisted reproduction and creates the Colorado Surrogacy Agreement Act to govern surrogacy agreements. Specifically, the act:
- creates eligibility requirements to execute an agreement;
- specifies the process for creating a surrogacy agreements, the content of such agreements, and parties' right to legal representation;
- establishes how agreements may be changed as a result of a change in marital status;
- outlines the process and obligation of parties when terminating an agreement; and
- authorizes the court to issue orders pertaining to matters arising for surrogacy agreements.