Colorado Commission on Uniform State Laws. The bill repeals the "Uniform Parentage Act" and enacts the "Uniform Parentage Act (2017)" (new uniform act). The new uniform act:
- Clarifies establishment of the parent-child relationship, including the voluntary acknowledgment of parentage and the rules for acknowledgment or denial of parentage;
- Establishes a registry of parentage;
- Establishes procedures for genetic testing;
- Specifies rules for proceedings to adjudicate parentage;
- Makes provisions for assisted reproduction;
- Creates requirements for surrogacy agreements; and
- Specifies use of information about donors.
The bill makes conforming amendments.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)